Routine Well Vision Exam
The routine well vision exam is a complete exam which includes refraction for new glasses, pressure check and dilation, however it is not for any medical related issues. Call us for more details (843-773-2758)
Comprehensive Medical Exam
During our comprehensive medical eye exam, the doctor will determine your prescription for glasses or contact lenses, examine your eyes for ocular diseases, assess how your eye muscles work together as well as evaluating your eyes as an indicator to your overall systemic health
Our comprehensive eye exam includes:
- A thorough review of your medical history and medications.
- Visual acuity testing and refraction
- Neurological assessment of pupils, ocular motility and visual fields
- Evaluation for glaucoma, cataracts, dry eye disease, and macular degeneration
- A dilated fundus examination to evaluate for any signs of systemic disease, such as high blood pressure or diabetes. Your eyes are the only place in your entire body that your blood vessels can be viewed. A dilated examination can find the earliest signs of diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, indicate a risk of stroke and many other conditions.